Sunday, May 10, 2015

life adjustments

I was reading about blogging recently, and how even if you set up a schedule, your readers and audience don't really notice if you don't adhere to it - generally. However I like the schedule I set up for myself, and it stresses me out whilst I I realise that people probably don't care. 

daffodils

However I've told you that I've recently started a new job, and whilst I'm loving it, there just isn't much space in my life for my blog anymore! It's less hours than my previous job, but more involved, and not a 5 minute walk from my house, so it leaves me with less time to get stuff done. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, the people are lovely and the work is motivating and interesting, but with the time I do have off, I want to spend with friends and family, relaxing and adventuring. This said, I'm making a few changes on my blog - you might notice them, and you might not - but I don't want blogging to feel like a chore (I have enough of those at the moment!), which it kind of does at the moment, and thats not what I want it to be like. 

So please hang in with me - there will be less weekly posts and series, but hopefully this will make me put the emphasis on interesting, well produced content that I'm really proud of, instead of feeling like I've got to to keep up with every blogger out there who posts daily!


4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're getting on well at your new job! You take your time :) I personally never notice blogger schedules, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have totally the same feels right now - and I know I've been on holiday and things but it's still difficult to find the want to sit down in front of a computer after doing just that for the previous 8/9 hours.


    I'm a bit of a broken record I suppose as I guess I still hadn't adjusted to starting a new job before moving, but trust me, you're doing just swell at keeping it together. I was going to ask you how you found the time before stumbling upon this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Jane, as you can tell by my tardy response to your comment, I'm clearly taking my time! haha Thanks for sticking with me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I'm glad I'm not alone in this! The last thing you want to do after staring at a computer screen all day is to think about scheduling posts, it feels a bit like work?!
    But yes, I'm glad I'm not alone in this, and I miss seeing your face about as much, but I definitely understand the struggle - I don't know how you do it AND moved out at the same time! Keep on keeping on, I suppose :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2