Sunday, May 04, 2014

weekend wanderings #15


  • Twitter friend and Youtuber,  Gemma, recommended this game in one of her monthly favourite videos - and I sat and played it in one sitting, it was so amazing. I really want to download it on my mums iPad, just so I can play it on a bigger screen - Monument Valley is one of the most beautifully designed games I've ever played, and highly recommend it! That link also has some cool concept illustrations, which are awesome.
  • Normcore is a thing I'm pretty sure doesn't exist, except in a particular kind of fashion blogger types. I was trying to explain it as a thing to my mother in Tesco the other day, and could point out a bunch of people who were 'normcore'. I'm so tempted to get the add-on listed at the end of the page.. 
  • I'm sure there are a thousand websites or photographers like Daily Overview, but photographs of the earth from above fascinate me, particularly if they're really geometric or man-made. This is of the Great Wall of China, but they're are so many amazing ones.
  • Original Star Wars concept illustrations are great - so stylised and cool. Makes me want to re-watch the films, which I haven't done in a while.
  • How awesome does this Green Tea skin-drink look? I like green tea flavoured things but I'm not a giant fan of green tea itself.. I don't know, but I want to try it!
  • I went shopping with my friend Amy on Friday, and she was looking for a bikini - I came home and read this article about how bikini-season and summer have become conflated, which bothers me. I love summer - I hate bikinis and swimming costumes and short shorts and how if I dare to ware leggings or jeans in the summer or God forbid, long-sleeved shirts, I get weird looks and questions that are inappropriate. And no, it's not because I'm fat or have lumps and bumps where there should be toned flesh, it's because it's none of your business! I feel strongly about this, clearly..
  • A blog I found via a bunch of clicking of links today is the theweaverhouse.blogspot.co.uk, a blog from a pair of photographers and designers, and it's the most beautiful thing ever, as is their Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2