Monday, May 05, 2014

happy housewarming


This week I have taken up residence in my mothers sewing room - which is basically just my little brothers room whilst he's away at university. I haven't sewn anything since I made that quilt for myself last year, which is still one of my my most favourite things, ever. I remember showing it to my friends when they came over and they loved it - mostly because it is made from flannel and brushed cotton, which makes it amazingly soft, and the perfect snuggly blanket slash throw when you're having a duvet day, feeling sick, or just getting a bit chilly whilst watching TV. 
That said, one of my best friends is moving out of home for the first time, and I wanted to get her and her partner something special for their home, and thought making a mini-version that they can have over the back of their sofa, for example, would be really nice. I picked a bunch of these beautiful woven flannels that I thought would suit her, but would also suit her boyfriends tastes, as they're noting too offensive! I'll keep you updated on the progress..!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love the fabric you've chosen, the end result is going to look so amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2