Tuesday, May 20, 2014

loop london visit


A week ago I went to London to visit Laura, a fellow knitter with a lovely blog, and we took a jaunt to Loop, in Islington. She had been before, but I had only seen their stand at the Knitting and Stitching show at Ally Pally, but never visited their store before, despite being in that bit of London so often. It was such a cute shop, with a really great selection of yarn - lots of American/foreign yarns that are actually quite hard to find over here.
I indulged in a little bit of Madeline Tosh sock-yarn - mostly because it was such a bright, fluorescent highlighter yellow that caught my eye. Basically, screw tasteful yarns in subtle colours haha. The staff there were super lovely, very helpful and just very nice, and it was such a welcoming little shop. I sometimes feel a little bit out of place in hipster-y places, but not there in the slightest. I loved their little bags with the bunny (hare?) on and have been carrying around my current project in it at the moment, along with a set of pom-pom makers I also picked up at Loop, which were so cheap! All I need now is a reason to make pom-poms..
Let me know if you have been to Loop, or your favourite LYS! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this store looks amazing! I've literally only just learnt to knit and am in the midst of my first project, and I'm hooked! I want to buy ALL THE YARN! ;) I love that neon colour, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so prettily laid out, too - I nearly bought a lot more, I was very restrained.. What are you trying to knit? If you have any questions, let me know! I keep trying to get friends and people I know started knitting so I have people to talk about it with! haha

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2