Thursday, August 09, 2012

you can't always get what you want










I'll state it right now that I am just fed up of this summer. As someone who really craves sunshine, the rain is mostly doing my head in. I went shopping on Monday and I think the shops know that I am fed up. They were full of light knits and plain, simple, oversized shirts and vests and things that make my heart sing. I just want all of it.. I don't think that's appropriate. Here's a list of things I found that I adore, I'm really lusting after simple, oversized silhouettes in basic colours. Grey, navy, black and white. Pair with black leggings or jeans, and shiny patent loafers or flatforms and it looks really classic, in my opinion. 
I want all of this! Unfortunately I don't have £230 to blow on it, sigh. In fact, I barely have any money. I think I'm going to bribe my mum into getting the loafers for me (for uni..) and one of the dorothy Perkins boxy tee's (the grey). 
I went into Gap the other day (something I very rarely do) and I really enjoyed their selection. I snagged a super comfy white jumper in the sale for half price, and having a look online, they have some things that I really enjoy - like their Pure range which is just a load of oversized basics which is what I'm after.
As for the shoes, although I love the flatforms, the loafers are way more appropriate for uni, cheaper and something I've been after for a couple of weeks! I found some beautiful ones in Russell and Bromley, Kurt Geiger and Dune, however, they're all shite in that they don't go past a size 9. I messaged Dune on Twitter about this, and they said there is "no demand", which is, frankly, bullshit. I know many girls with feet larger than mine, and to say there is no demand is pretty stupid. I didn't even dignify them with a response because they obviously didn't take me seriously. THAT however, is beside the point. I found these pretty loafers from Next, which are in my size, and much cheaper! I think they'll be good for uni, so I'm excited to get these.
Have you picked up any bargains recently? Let me know! 

1 comment:

  1. I've been eyeing too many soft, light sweaters lately too. I love that they just go with everything. I went thrift shopping almost the whole day yesterday and found nothing sadly. I cannot wait to get my hands on one.

    Anyway, I'm just new to your blog and I like it. You have a new follower :)

    another day to wander

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2