Saturday, August 11, 2012

weekend wanderings #6


  • Let me just throw this out there - I love plants. They don't always love me, but my idea of the perfect bedroom is like, a greenhouse. Haha, whatever. When I found that there is a Plant Journal, it just made me want it so badly. Garden/plant magazines are generally pretty hideous, so this is just right up my street. It looks beautiful! 
  • Born in 1990, I feel like a true 90's kid. Being born in like, 1994 doesn't make you a nineties kid! If you don't remember this shit, you're not! 
  • Fictitious dishes from famous novels.. is simply awesome - I wish there were more in the series. My favourite is Catcher in the Rye, because I simple adore that book. 
  • I discovered An Ode to Summer made by Sea-Chant for Kinfolk magazine via the Creature Comforts blog (that is a long sentence! haha). I'm seriously considering shelling out for the magazine, because it's beautiful, but oh gosh, the video is perfect, I urge you to watch it! It's just.. everything that is lovely about the summer in one video. And it makes me yearn to live in a place where we have proper summers and I can enjoy them fully. Sigh, it kind of makes my heart ache. 
  • These furoshiki scarves are one of the most stunning things I've ever seen. I'm a bit of a print-making nerd and I wish I had maybe done something more textiles based with my printmaking, BUT that is beside the point, these are so beautiful! You can actually buy them on the Link Collective etsy page, and they're not extortionately expensive, I think I'm going to get one..! 
  • Roost is my favourite blog at the moment, the combination of beautiful photos and amazing food, just makes my mouth water!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about being a true 90s child. I was born in 88 and I consider myself a 90s child. Some people who were born in 1997 or so have said you can't be a true 90s child if you were born in the 80s.

    Well, sorry guys but I remember my whole childhood in the 90s. I remember when Wannabe was released... You weren't even born!

    Haha, rant over. Hooray for 90s kids!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm with you on the 90s child thing! I was born in '89 & have SO many pictures of me in early 90's baby clothes, brilliant haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a 1990 birth and I love how it's never confusing which decade I belong to - born into the 90's and can remember most of it! If you're born right at the end of a decade it might be a bit confusing haha.

    The most appealing dish to me from the books was Girl With the Dragon Tattoo even though I've never read it. But I agree, Catcher in the Rye is an amazing book.

    Morag x
    moadore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2