Wednesday, April 11, 2012

jewels


 I've found and bought a few gems recently, and I thought I would show you because they have become regular additions to my appearance..
1. I found these earrings in a charity shop with my friend Debbie the other day. They only cost me a £1! They're enamel and metal and costume jewellery, but I find that vintage costume jewellery doesn't really make me go green? 
2. I've wanted one of these crystal bullet necklaces for such a long time, and I finally found one from an English seller on Etsy - there are some much prettier colour ones - but I like quartz and this one was called 'Clare', which swayed me somewhat..! It's from the seller Rain by Rina and I do suggest you check her out - I will say that the chains aren't great - I wore it once and it went completely green, so I changed it for some cord I had at home.
3. I think this is the final ring I will add to my collection for a bit - I now where six of them on a regular basis and it just seems a bit overkill to wear many more! I found this one in a local charity shop, and I do have a soft spot for amethyst. I think it cost me about a £1, but it's hallmarked and I think that's a bargain!
4. I don't wear many bracelets, but I spotted this for 50p in a charity shop, and I thought it was really unusual, I've not seen anything like it. It reminds me of that whole fake-Celtic kind of jewellery I used to love getting on holiday, and I really like wearing it. I'm not sure what it's made from, but it's not turning me green, so that's always good!

I love my charity shop finds, I so rarely buy high-street jewellery these days, it doesn't come close in terms of quality or price! I highly recommend scouring flea markets, car boots, charity shops and the internet for nice jewellery. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pieces,especially the earrings! You can find some right beauties in charity shops:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I definitely scour the charity shops and the pieces I get most complimented on are nearly always second hand! x

      Delete
  2. these are some great jeweleries!
    love the little studs in first photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're great for like, inbetween activities where you want to look like you've made a bit of effort but not too dressy! x

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2