Wednesday, January 25, 2012

a fail whale of a day

Jumper, Marks and Spencers
Scarf, gift
Skirt, H&M
Leggings, Tesco
Earrings, Vintage
Nails, Rimmel Rapid Ruby

Me and my mum had this really lovely day planned on Monday. My dad had to go to Oxford for a meeting, and so we thought we'd go and spend the day and see the museum and the art gallery and get lunch and grab a lift with him. Then we found out the museum and the gallery shut on Monday's. Step one, foiled. 
We thought, well, lets go to Winchester, it's a pretty town and they have some nice things to see. Get to the station on Monday morning.. no parking spots.. at all! Step two, foiled. 
Then I decided to drive us to Reading and we could get lunch in a place that's just opened up there - All Bar One. We went to one in Oxford a little while back and really liked it. We get there and we go inside. There are some staff who don't acknowledge us, and don't come over to help us - the place is empty. Annoyed, and will probably never go back there, we leave! Step three, foiled! 
We ended up in the Slug and Lettuce and got a quick bite there and then a nice wander round the shops and good browse in the bookshop, and it although it was nice to spend time with my mum, it wasn't what we had intended!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh you went to reading, did you make use of the shopping facilities? They tempt me everyday now I live here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I only bought a couple of books and a plain tshirt, I was VERY restrained. for me. I think if I lived in town I would have no money whatsoever!

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2