Friday, May 20, 2011

Illamasqua Lipstick in Corrupt: Review

I got this lipstick ages ago now, it was a Christmas present from my family! One of the things I love more than anything is bright lipsticks. I have a selection in my stash from pink, orange, red, purple, and most things in-between. I really adore bright, shocking colours, and this lives up to that reputation.
Illamasqua Lipstick, Corrupt, £15.50 
There's another picture of me wearing it here, just after Christmas (looking at that post makes me miss all my big comfy Winter jumpers!) I got it from the Illamasqua store just off Carnaby Street in London and the girls there was so lovely. Sat with me whilst I uhmed and aahed over various shades before I decided on this one! She also showed me how to blend it with a blue eyeliner to get a really interesting shade of purple, which I've attempted! Here's a closeup;
 
It's a really lovely lipstick, and has a beautiful matte finish. The only problem with that is it's quite a drying lipstick, so you need to make sure you have super moisturised, free from cracks or flakes, and I recommend not wearing it for that long a time, because when it starts drying out, you can tell. But then, that is an issue with all brightly coloured lipsticks, and |'m used to it, so it doesn't bother me that much anymore. The only real issue I have with it is that their lipsticks are a funny shape, which isn't really that useful when you're trying to apply them. 
   
They cost £15.50, which | think is a little on the pricey side, but it's a beautiful colour that I'm willing to pay the extra for! I'd be more comfortable with a £10-12 tag, though. At least we're not talking Rouge Volupte here! The packaging is nice, I like a more square tube, actually, like Nars lipsticks. 
Price: 4/5 
Packaging: 5/5 
Colour: 5/5 
Texture: 3/5 
Would I buy this product again?: Definitely. I have my eye on that navy blue lipstick that they do..

4 comments:

  1. It looks really lovely on you! I have never tried any bright colours I wouldn't have the confidence to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like such a beautiful colour, it really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look gorgeous on you! I want :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest Follower! I actually stumbled upon this post in my newest quest for bright pink lippies! Supposedly Corrupt is possibly a decent dupe for MAC's wildly popular Candy Yum Yum? I shall have to investigate! Thanks for the great post! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2