Sunday, November 14, 2010

Angels on Bare Skin: Review

I need to fill you in briefly, if you will permit me this! I started at university properly this year (I did a foundation which I called university, although it wasn't really), and on my course there is a lovely lady who works at lush!

She's really lovely. A few of us were talking about our skin and products we use, and she was telling us how bad all these things we were using were for us, haha. I don't know how much is true but it's made me want to use more natural skin products, because i've always been a fan of very chemical-based stuff. So I've scrapped my old skin routine, as it didn't seem to be doing much for me! And started upon a new, scaled back one. I'm only using three products, and one is a makeup remover!


 
Angels on Bare Skin, £5.50 for 100g
"This simple ancient blend if ingredients is a worldwide best seller. It improves the texture and health of all skin. The complexion is smooth, toned and even. Cleanse your skin with this delicate balance of Almonds, Kaolin and soothing essential oils. Take a small piece of cleanser and mix with water in your hand to create Almond Milk. Massage gently into clean skin then rinse away with warm water."

That's what Lush say, anyway! I'll explain what I think and how I've been using it. First, I make sure I've removed as much makeup with a liquid makeup remover as possible, and give my face a quick wash with warm water. I take a little chunk of the product - the video on the website says you only need a little bit. I take about a chewing-gum sized piece, and rub it in my hands a little, to warm it up. I then rub it lightly over my forehead, cheeks and chin. Once it's mostly distributed, i get my hands really wet and massage it in, giving my skin a good cleanse and exfoliate. The product goes milky when it's starting to cleanse, and I like that.


It's a gritty product, without feeling too rough on your skin, with chunks of lavender in, which give it that amazing, almond-lavender milky smell. It's really nice. The texture give it just enough substance to make it useful as an exfoliator and a cleanser, which is really good, I don't feel like I have to use two products. It seems to get right down in my pores, too. I wanted this because it says it improves the texture of the skin, which is something I always worry about, especially closer to winter, and I think it's doing that. My skin looks healthier, despite seeing little improvement in my breakouts!

Generally, I really love this. I think I'm prone to have breakouts all my life, sadly, but it's definitely improving the smoothness of my skin, and makes it look more awake. The price-tag is MORE than acceptable, I think. £5.50 for 100g may seem like a lot, but you only need a tiny bit each day, I've barely made a dent and I've been using it for just over a week now, every day! However, personally, I wish that Lush put a little bit more effort into their packaging - but I understand that they're all about the environment, which I appreciate!

Price: 5/5 
Packaging: 4/5 
Product: 4/5 
Overall: 5/5 
Would I buy this product again?: I will evaluate this when I'm out of it, but I think I might!
Have you tried anything new, recently, have you had good results? Let me know, lovelies!

Clare Marie
xx

15 comments:

  1. I abso-blogging-lutely LOVE your blog! Please follow me (invite open to anyone else reading this) as i am starting my blog and need feedback from followers! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so amazing!! I've been trying out new products lately.. and it sounds great! Lusting your blog- now following you!

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so amazing!!
    I adore your blog
    so informative and pretty

    hope to hear from you!
    love always
    ^_^

    http://flyingakite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a present from a friend, it's from lush! got to try that!

    xxx Charlie
    Feminine Bravery

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUUUUUUUUUUSH ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like there's little flies in the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought the screub with sea salt, good but a little bit harsh...this one sounds better

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE lush, it's amazing!!!

    http://kisstomake-up.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I just came across your blog and love it!

    please check out mine :)

    http://missjustinejones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great!

    Just came across your blog :)

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT REVIEW!!! Now I definitely want to try this :) I need to make a trip to Lush asap!!!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review, new follower of your blog, love its simplicity and clean look - please take a look at mine :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I had never heard of this product before. I've been looking for a new exfoliator. Maybe I'll give this a try :) Thanks for sharing!

    XOXO

    Michelle
    www.hardcoremakeupjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. @emily; thankyou for liking my blog! i'm trying to use more natural products on my skin too! x

    @amy; aww that's really sweet and really encouraging, thankyou amy! x

    @kirstyb; i think this every time I read a lush post on a blog, it's pretty damaging! x

    @cherry pullinger; have you never seen lavendar? haha.

    @liv; i used the love lettuce scrub the other day and that is WAY too harsh for my skin, but this is hundreds of times better. x

    @hardcore makeup junkie; ohh, i would definitely try this one! nowhere near as harsh as some of the other ones i've tried! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2