Sunday, May 09, 2010

Forest, kelly, jade, mint, emerald, teal..

I am a green girl, not gonna lie. My car is green, I have a green phone.. generally, green is good in my book. Then I was trying to pick what colour to paint my nails the other day, and realised that nearly all my greens are from the high-street. As such, I thought I'd do a little post on some of my favourites, and ones that I think you should all buy!


Barry M Nail Paint in 290 Spring Green , £2.95
Another stunner from Barry M. I definitely love this colour. It's a nice, creamy, glossy green, on the pastel side, I suppose. In real life, I couldn't see any nail line, but apparently it showed in pictures. This was probably two or three coats, I'm not sure, but I love the consistency and finish of this one.

Barry M Nail Paint in 137 Lime Green , £2.95
This is a very wasabi-ish green, it's pretty awesome. However, it is crazy-sheer and stains pretty bad.. But, I will continue to wear it because it rocks. What you gonna do, hey? It took about 6 coats to get it like it is on my index nail, but although the coats go on very thin and quick, you can still see nail-line, really. I do love it, though.

Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry in 36 Ninja, £1.79 (I think? It's no more than £2!)
First off, I apologise for how sloppily I threw this on! I loveeeee this colour! It's a genuinely lovely, grass-green. Makes me feel very summery. I have to say, I have about 4 or 5 of these Hot Looks polishes and I adore them all! Well played, Collection 2000. I wish they were a tad larger though because I've gone through a bottle of another colour already, they're teeny, only 8ml. Goes on pretty smoothly, contrary to these pictures, and would probably by fine with one coat, but I used two.

Revlon Nail Enamel in Minted, £6.29
I love the colour of this polish, but I hate the formula and the price-tag! I bought this before the Barry M Ice-Cream Nail Paints were released because I was desperate for a pale, minty green. I was willing to pay the price for it, cause you do get almost 15ml, which is about the same as you get in a China Glaze/OPI. Unfortunately, every time I have used this, lots of tiny bubbles have appeared, on the surface! I hate it! I thought at first it might be that I shook it up by accident. No, I think I just have a bad bottle! Because I've seen other swatches of this and it looks fine.. Am I doing something wrong because I love the colour? I think I'll just buy the Barry M minty-green one, better formula!

There you go! A few different greens you might enjoy or want to check out. Hope you enjoyed this post! Some more nail swatches coming soon and some reviews.

5 comments:

  1. I adore the first and last. I have lime green nail polish, I think I'll be wearing it on my nails pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lovee the last one :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great colors! You've just inspired me to get some new nailpolish myself! I'm not reallly into nails & stuff but seeing how some ppl make nail-polish-magic happen... gets me going! thnx
    Really nicely done btw, smoothe lines & edges...

    VC
    Please Visit & Join

    WWW.DONLIKEFASHION.TK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absoloutly love those nail colours esspecailly the jade green one, i love the new nail colours for topshop esspecailly the gray one, sooo cute
    i need to colour my nails now i've been inspired!
    love ur blog

    http://bricklaneandcupcakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the late reply guys - thanks for all your comments! I can't pick a favourite but I'm wearing another green polish as we speak, so I don't think my obsession with them will ever end.. haha xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2