Monday, August 29, 2016

Growing up

Things have been weird of late - I feel like I'm starting to come into my real self - in a very odd way. I think I've always had a strong sense of self - however it's been clouded by stress and depression and awful cliquey girls at school. I was naive in thinking that would change when I went to uni and was in for a rude awakening...

growing up

I think what I am getting at is that I am just a lot more comfortable in my skin - it's a very foreign feeling for me - but my body is not something I'm scared of anymore - I'm not scared of my thoughts or what they have the power to do to me. I'm not scared of other people or what they think of me. I guess this comes with getting older, maybe, but it catches me right off guard every time it does.

My brother called the other day and said something that knocked me for six, how maybe he wasn't as sympathetic as he could've been when I was at my worst - I think a previous version of myself would have gloated over this and kept it in my back pocket to throw back at a later date - however this time I just let it wash over me and moved on.

Age is a weird thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2