Monday, March 16, 2015

spotlight on: jasmincharlotte.com!

I always see Jasmin popping up in the Twitter chats, and her blog is always one of those that I meant to get around to reading, but hey, I'm a chronic procrastinator, so I'm so glad I finally got this opportunity to get to know her better! I'll let Jasmin introduce herself to you all... 

Hey there! I'm Jasmin and I blog over at jasmincharlotte.com - I am a kiwi living in London with a confused accent and a diet coke addiction. I can't keep my feet in the same country for long, could likely eat my body weight in cheese and am always looking for ways to make me and others happier! I blog all about lifestyle, including food, travel, London adventures, technology and occasionally beauty.

- - -

You're an active member of the blogging community on Twitter, which I always love, how did you get into blogging and what do you enjoy most about it?: 
Unlike most bloggers, I didn't know the blogging world before I got here! I actually started by doing a lot of posts on reddit. After awhile I figured I should probably but these all in one place and jasmincharlotte was born. My blog has changed huge amounts in the year it's been running and I love it. The best thing about blogging is definitely the community! I love chatting to and meeting other bloggers!

New Zealand is one of those places I've always wanted to visit - what was it like growing up there and travelling about as much as you have? 
New Zealand was an amazing place to grow up in! It involved a lot of nature, a lot of hanging by the seaside and the kiwi culture which just cannot be beat. I love it as a country but when it comes down to it, it is so tiny! Only 4 million people in the whole country. When I got into my 20s I need somewhere with hustle and bustle which is why I ended up in London. Along with NZ, I have lived in Aus/UK/US - they were all amazing experiences and I'm so glad I had the opportunity. Now I can't stop travelling!

Untitled

You seem to cover such a wide variety of topics on your blog and I love that - what are you favourite things to blog about? 
Woo yes! As I mentioned my blog has developed so much, essentially because I decided to just blog about what I love!
Currently I have 4 favourite things to blog about:
Untitled

What are the next places you want to travel to and why? 
Ah my ultimate vice! I cannot stop planning holidays. My next 3 planned trips are: 
  • Porto, Portugal - I loved Lisbon last year and cannot wait to explore more of the country (plus it's a bargain!).
  • Scotland - I'm planning a huge Scotland road trip in the summer. All the pictures of the highlands just look amazing, I'm hoping to find a little bit of NZ up there. 
  • Gran Canaria - Over Christmas I am off to the Canaries for a giant family trip (we all like to converge in one place), so somewhere with a beach is ideal. 
After those, I really want to get back to the US and Las Vegas. I've been twice but both when I was under 21, so another trip is definitely needed. I also really want to do a big trip of Croatia and Greece as it's a side of Europe which I haven't visited yet!

Untitled

And to round up, I thought I'd share with you my favourite posts from Jasmin:
- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2