Friday, March 20, 2015

Q #43

quotes 11

I mentioned it on Twitter, vaguely, but I have some big changes happening in my life this week. Your well wishes were received with open arms and minds, and a wide open heart, and with some stroke of good fortune I got a job offer and I start next week! This means leaving somewhere that I've worked since I was 17, and this feels like the most massive change in my life. Part of my fritters with excitement and thinks yes, I am BEYOND ready for this challenge, bring it the hell on! And part of me whispers in the back of my mind that maybe no-one will like me, that I shouldn't have punched above my weight, that maybe I'll suck, that maybe this, or that, or what if... 
It's strange, because I know now that I have reached some peaks in life, in terms of having good friends, in having confidence, in a strong mind and will and knowing who I am. And suddenly it has all fallen into place? Someone asked me if I would've gone for this job a year ago, and I probably wouldn't have, I would've been too nervous to try for it, but since then, I've learned so much about myself, and I feel ready for anything.

I was having a conversation with a friend at work about leaving, and she was also worried about whether she was making the right decision about leaving herself, and the pros and cons of it all and sometimes, you just never reach an outright decision, do you? Sometimes, you've just got to jump in head first, and not try and predict an outcome. For this job, I found out I had an interview, had an evening to prepare, and found out I got the job the day after the interview! For someone who always felt a little uncomfortable with spontaneity, I feel like I need to do more things like this, to test my strengths! 
Deep down, I'm know that I have made the right decision. It's a better job, more challenges, more responsibility, more prospects and more of a career in mind, yet there is still that little pitter-patter of first day nerves in the back of my throat, like starting school all over again! 

Anyway, I've rambled on an on, but this is a really long-winded way of saying: don't wait. Whether it's about a job or a lover, a opportunity or a argument, just don't wait. Jump in and see what happens, or you'll just keep coming up with excuses not to do it! This is coming from the girl who lacks the spontaneity gene, and can find an excuse for everything....

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I'm thinking about changing a few parts of my life and this has really made me want to just go and do it. We only live once, so we might as well take chances and see where they take us :) good luck with your new job, you're going to be great!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank-you Hazel! I'm glad I've maybe helped you to make a change (: And thankyou! My start date is approaching quickly, still a little nervous but hoping it all goes smoothly! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2