Monday, August 04, 2014

summer face favourites


After posting about my current face - I  realised how much I used to enjoy writing about makeup, which I don't do too much anymore, since I got out of the whole #bbloggers scene. So I thought I would talk about my favourite summer makeup. It's really not that much different to my regular makeup.. Just, more pared back than it is in winter. Less vampy purple lipstick.

MAC Brow Pencil in Spiked: I recently purchased this and it's just a great. I spoke about it in this post, but it's really fine, creamy and just all round great. I was using the Soap & Glory Archery one, but this is much nicer, I think.

Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment: I've been using this for quite a while now, and have noticed a definite improvement in the skin around my eyes. I still use a regular face moisturiser, but I find the recent humidity has all by completely sucked the moisture from my skin so it's great to inject a little extra moisture if I can.

MAC Carbon Eyeshadow: I love eyeliner, it's a problem. Pretty much all I wear these days is black cat-eyes, crap tons of mascara, and red lips. So adventurous, I know. But in the summer, unless it's a special occasional I really can't be bothered to deal with putting that stuff on my sweaty (sorry) eyelids. This is where a matte black shadow and a tiny angled brush (I used the MAC 266) comes in handy. Quickly sweep it along the lashline, and it looks like eyeliner. Super quick, no fuss.

MAC Eyeshadow Quad in Deep Truth, Big T, Nylon and Woodwinked: This quad came about because I saw this beautiful looking eyeshadow palette by Laura Mercier which I still really want, but thought I had the exact same shades in my MAC collection. So I dug out some similar shades and changed it up a bit, swapping the light blue for a shimmery white highlight, and I've got my perfect summer quad. The bronze and blues go amazingly well together when swept across the lid lightly, with a little bit of shimmer, it's a good combination. Some of the colours I have (the blues) were limited edition, but MAC re-release so many of them, you're bound to find similar ones.

Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturiser: I got this free with a magazine recently, and I think it's absolutely amazing for those days where you've been out in the sun a little too long without an SPF lip balm on, you know you're guilty of it too. This gets them feeling a little less disgustingly flaky afterwards, always a plus.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: I love this concealer for under my eyes and wherever else I need a little extra coverage, quickly. It's in a really easy to apply with the twist up tube and means I can throw it in my bag without needing a makeup-brush or anything else. When slipped over well moisturised skin, it goes on like a dream. 

MAC Chili lipstick: I can't forgo red lipstick, even in the summer, but I've managed to take step away from my favourite vampy reds and berry hues, and have been reaching for this one so much in July. It's sort of a browny-orange toned red, but don't let that put you off, it works amazingly well with tanned skin and barely there makeup. A little mascara and highlighter and it looks so effortless.

Benefit Sunbeam Highlighter: The perfect shimmery gold highlighter, which doesn't make you look like a glitter bomb exploded on your face. Mine is a little sample size version, but it's lasted me forever, and I love it dabbed lightly along my brow and cheek bones.

Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Natural: I've posted a full review of this here, but it's really just the perfect, terracotta shade, with a great formula. No shimmer, so great for contouring, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2