Tuesday, August 05, 2014

jane austen county


I've lived in Hampshire all my life (well, apart from when I was child and our postcode was listed as Surrey, for some reason) and I always laughed when we'd been out somewhere or away and we passed the sign that said Jane Austen County as you enter Hampshire... My friend Tam came to visit last weekend, and we had a nice jaunt around the Hampshire/Surrey border, going to see Jane Austen's house (pictured), making little lavender bags there and having my first cream-tea all year. We also popped into Farnham and made a hot walk up to the castle, which despite having gone to university there, I never went to during my time living there. It's weird how there are these places right near you that you never visit, isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. How delightful!!! This sounds like the perfect afternoon!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those place that having lived in Farnham, I got bored of it quite quickly, but to visit for an afternoon it's really sweet and lovely!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean - we've been trying to make a conscious effort to visit places near us that we've never thought of before and there are some gems. Loving the chair in the first image too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved all the old furniture they had there - and they had all these beautiful little jars of flowers, that you can sort of see in the picture, with fresh flowers from the garden in - it was so lovely!

      Delete
  3. I'm really trying to make the effort to visit more places nearby. And to make good use of my National Trust membership.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annoyingly, they're aren't that many National Trust places near me so I don't think it's worth me getting a membership! But some people I know really love their!

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2