Monday, August 11, 2014

new in: books


I managed to pick these books up at the Oxfam charity shop, all three of them for £6, which is why I really love charity shops. I went in with the intention of looking for the Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, because I've wanted to read it for such a long time now. I downloaded a copy for my kindle, but I only really like reading things on my kindle when I'm travelling or not at home. I also saw the Snow Child, which I keep seeing good things about. I also found a John Wyndham novel that I've never seen before and thought I'd give it a go. It's short and about spiders on an island... 
Have you read any of these, and if so, do you recommend any?

4 comments:

  1. I really like The Handmaid's Tale, it's one of my favourites! It's quite unsettling, she wrote the dystopian setting really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those ones that I've been meaning to read for ages, I tried to pinch a copy from my mum but she couldn't find hers, so I found this one which I'm really happy about.

      Delete
  2. The Handmaid's Tale is fantastic - so well written. I love John Wyndam but haven't read this before either, might have a look around for it now I've seen it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Handmaid's Tale is still looking at me longingly from my shelf, I'm trying to get through my other books first! Also, if you're interested in John Wyndham I would recommend either Midwich Cuckoos or The Chrysalids to start with. Thanks for reading & commenting! (:

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2