Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Essie Knockout Pout Nail Polish Review

Recently, the lovely Kelanjo had a blogsale, and being the eager eyed bargain hunter that I am, I managed to pick up three Essie polishes for £12. All were barely used at all, and I'm not really picky about buying things like that, so I was veryyy excited to get these in the post!


(Knockout Pout is the one in the middle.)

This is the one that I wasn't as sure about as the others, so I'm getting it out of the way now. You all know my love for greens, and I do have a certain penchant for corals, but pinks? Bright, barbie pinks? They just don't really jump out to me. I feel a bit chavvy in them, in all honesty! Especially a hot pink or a baby pink. They just seem so.. common? Haha. A touch of grey in there and I'm sold, on both counts, but generally, we can say that I'm not a fan.
So anyway, this is the last one I tried on out of the three, and in the bottle, yeah, it looks okay. On the fingers, I have to say, I was completely, pleasantly surprised.

Don't get me wrong, it is VERY pink. Blindingly so (we could even say, a knockout - queue cymbal crash). But because it's so washed out, so pale, and with a teeeeny hint of Haute as Hello's coral tone in there, it's good. I can work with that colour!

With a flash, it reminds me of China Glaze Pool Party's younger sister, which I quite love, because sometimes, Flip-Flop is just TOO bright.
The formula is also quite nice. Pretty Edgy was the clear winner of the bunch, by at least a mile, but the other two are okay, too. They're quite milky, so you need a few coats to build up the colour, but generally, I didn't really have any problems with Knockout Pout.
If I was to see this in a shop, I would give it such a wide berth, but because I got this by chance, really (I just wanted the other two), I ended up finding something that's okay, if a bit Barbie-ish. Price-wise, they're usually quite pricey, around £8-£10, I think, for each one? I got all three for £12, so I think that's a smashing deal, but you can find them on eBay and such! Oh, and just to throw this in there, I do really like the packaging, haha.

Price: 4/5 
Packaging: 5/5 
Colour: 3/5 
Formula: 3/5 
Overall: 3/5 
Would I buy this product again? If I'm honest, no. It's an interesting colour, just not really my thing!

Clare Marie
xx

1 comment:

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2