Monday, July 19, 2010

Sincerest Apologies!

Hey guys, I am so sorry I haven't posted recently! I have been trying to do overtime at work so I can save up some pennies, and this involved me starting at 7.30 three times last week and only having one day off all week! To someone that normally works on average eight hours a week, it's been a bit of a shock. And I've generally just feeling a bit low and depressed all this week so I haven't really felt like blogging a great deal, if I'm honest!
Gonna take a minute here to be completely open with you guys. I mentioned in a previous post that I suffer from seasonal-depression, when really I just suffer from depression. I say 'just', it's a very consuming illness. And yes, it is an illness, and a disability.With me, it manifests itself as an intense sad feeling, where I can't get out of bed in the morning, I find it very hard to sleep during the night and find myself sleepy and lethargic all day and nap quite often. I cry a lot and don't want to leave the house. So as you can see, it's not really conducive to blogging.
If you're interested in awareness, here's a link to the Depression Alliance with more information.

Anyway, moving on from that and to something more suitable for this blog, I thought I'd show you something that I've enjoyed doing recently. I was watching an episode of the Graham Norton Show and Kelly Rowland was on it - and she had one of what I am calling ring-finger manicures. She had a bright yellow colour, just on her ring-fingers and I wanted to try out something similar.



On my nails I have China Glaze's Turned Up Turquoise (A full picture and review of which you can find here) and China Glaze's Frostbite on my ring-finger, both of which cost £5.99 from Sally's.


I realllllly like this idea. I was worried it would look a bit childish, but I think as long as you use colours that work well together, like this, it looks really good. Turned Up Turquoise is actually a neon, and as such it is matte, but with a top-coat it works well next to Frostbite, which is a deep, frosty blue. Have you done this? Show me pictures! (:

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so sorry to read this. Just wanted to let you know that I've read LOTS of books on depression over the last 5 years but recently read this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Undoing-Depression-Therapy-Doesnt-Medication/dp/0285638726/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279560028&sr=8-1

    It's the best book I've ever read on the subject. I'm sure you'd find it helpful and a comfort to read. Highly recommend it.

    Good luck with it all. Know that you're not alone and there is a silver lining (I promise) - you'll be FAR more compassionate and empathetic to other people and will emerge a much stronger and better person. Feel free to email me for a chat ANYTIME...sofiasjournal@gmail.com. (If you were to let me know what kind of stuff you've tried to ease your depression then I may be able to suggest things you've not already tried.)

    *HUGS*

    P.s. love the nail varnish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sofia - thanks for taking the time to comment, means a lot to me. (: i've read a lot of books about depression but i don't feel like any of them really hit home, i might check out the one you mentioned. (:
    thanks very much, i've followed your blog and will always keep you in mind if i need a friendly face. (:
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2