Monday, June 28, 2010

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Review

Now whenever I saw these, I wanted them all. Recently I was watching a video by lollipop26 who raves about them, and I couldn't help but go check them out when I was in town.



#13, Peach Passion

First off.. they look incredibly pretty. I'm immediately drawn in by the glossy gold packing, the stylish logo around the middle, and the little mirror on the end.. It's generally just a very pretty product. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, and this definitely hits the mark. They feel expensive, too. It's a heavy product, physically, compared to other lipsticks, such as MAC, which makes it feel classy and more like a product to take care of, rather than throwing it in the bottom of my bag with all the dust and icky things that live in there.
It is an expensive product, also. One of these will set you back a full £21. I will pay a lot for lipsticks, but I think over £20 is starting to push it! But.. they are so very very pretty, haha. I work for a place where I can get a discount on it, so in the end it only cost me just under £16. Which mentally I, of course, round down to £15 and that doesn't seem so bad to me..

The colour is gorgeous. I don't really have anything like it. I have things that give a similar colour with sheer coverage, but this is something else. It looks very creamy in the tube, and I assumed this wouldn't be very pigmented. I was wrong. You put it on and it comes out highly pigmented, and super glossy. It slides on almost like lipgloss. I love the texture, however, I don't know if I'll be wearing it an awful lot in this thirty degree heat.. but still. The colour is very similar to that on the tube, a pinky-peachy coral, leaning possibly towards the 'salmon' end of the spectrum, but sort of milky. A bit like peaches and cream. Which I suppose is about right for the name.

Here's a side by side comparison of my lips bare, and then with Peach Passion. Please ignore my little freckle on my lip, haha. This picture doesn't really show the difference that well, now that I'm looking at it. In person, it adds a really pretty, bright, creamy looking finish. I've heard people complain about these being super-drying when on the lips, but I haven't really found that? I do tend to use a lip scrub most days, but I think if you already have dry lips in the slightest, it will cling in all the lines on your lips... which pretty much means bad times.

I could go on but I'll stop! Here's a little breakdown for you;



Price: 3/5
Packaging: 5/5
Colour: 4/5
Texture: 5/5




Would I buy this product again?
Probably! As long as I have my trusty John Lewis discount card by my side, I'm sure I'll be looking into some other colours in the future, because there is a deep purple (Forbidden Burgundy) with my name written all over it...

8 comments:

  1. love the colour! Its such a great buy! congrats ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. the outside of the lipstick looks like a delicious candy! i want it! the color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's pretty - and your nails are awasome too!

    I just gave you and your blog an award, check it out at:
    http://confashionsblog.blogspot.com/
    /xxx nete

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely color which suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been thinking about getting this lipstick, thanks for your review. I'm going to try it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have it, I'm really happy with it. Most of my lipsticks are from YSL. x

    http://fashionira.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @joan: it is a deliciousss colour, haha. the packaging is gorgeous. pictures don't do it justice. i thought they looked a bit tacky in pictures at first, but i am now fully in love.

    @ms confashion: aww, thanks very much! i'll check your blog out! x

    @eloise in ny: i am very glad i can be of use! hope you enjoy it.

    @samira: haha, i am just coming around to the rouge volupte sensation. x

    thanks everyone! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2