Thursday, August 06, 2015

Hello August

I think I get to this point in every season, when I'm tired of the weather not being what I want, and I haven't done all the things I wanted to do and blah blah blah... And then I start anticipating the next season, the next month, and then I miss out on moments, whilst I'm dreaming of the future. I loved having this kind of post on my blog for Autumn 2014 (and even did a seasonal recipe round-up!)  so as it is now officially August, I thought I'd share what I've been pinning on Pinterest, and how I want to make the most of the last few weeks of the summer...

summer bucket list
summer bucket list

This is my summer in a nutshell, my summer holidays were spent at the various lakes, woods, meadows and fields where I live, finding rocks and getting my feet wet and chasing my brothers. We would spend longs hours playing cricket or tennis in the grass (which mostly just consisted of me throwing the ball for my brother to whack...) 
As I've got older, it was filled with the joy of coming down in the morning to the dappled sunlight in the kitchen, opening the patio doors and drinking coffee on the patio...

summer bucket list
summer bucket list

I used to think I was missing out, when I was little, that I never had the 'exotic' holidays to Majorca or Disneyland (where all my friends seemed to go) - but now I have precious memories of stunning Cornish coastlines, fond memories of eating picnics in the countryside and feeling like I always have a connection to those southern counties.

summer bucket list
summer bucket list

Near the somewhat unglamorous office block that I work in, there is a roundabout that they've covered entirely with wildflowers, and it makes my heart sing every time I see it in the morning sunlight, waiting for my turn to cross. I want to cover my entire garden with wildflowers of every kind, and have that amazing hum of the bees. 

summer bucket list
summer bucket list

My goal, every year is to just spend more time outside - unfortunately since having my operation unexpectedly - it's just not happened. I tried to get out whilst I was healing, but it didn't go to plan - however now I'm feeling much better, I have started to plan a few trips (taking it easy, mostly just around the south of the UK) to explore a bit...

summer bucket list
summer bucket list

I want to devour all the summer foods, eat flat peaches and nectarines with the juice dripping down my fingers, to consume strawberry clotted cream ice-cream overlooking the sea, I want to sip gin and tonics in the fading sunsets on the patio, feeling crispy and sunburnt from a long day in the sunshine. 

What is on your 'bucket list' for the last of the summer? Share in the comments below, and leave links to your Pinterest accounts, as I'm fully obsessed with it at the moment..


summer bucket list
(All images credited where possible on Pinterest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2