Monday, August 10, 2015

Bloggers, you need to stop buying peonies...

I have oft mocked my own breed but we bloggers are an odd bunch - we will find something that we like and we used it to death - be that a product, a prop, a saying, a style... I am also guilty of the the flat lay, the soft focus, the aerial shots of food on a table or coffee in a cafe, but I feel I need to address the elephant in the room: a peony.

why do bloggers love peonies

Guys, peonies are beautiful flowers - I know. Their time in season is brief, only a few months in the summer and you want to make the most of that - I understand. However, there comes a time when you must break the habit. That time is probably the end of the summer, when they're no longer available...
I know that until that point, you want to make the most of these beautiful, tissue paper like blooms, with their marbled effect leaves, that take so long to open up, it seems like they never will: however, bloggers, you need to stop.


You need to stop artfully scattering them across your bed linen, your marble trays, your hard wood floors.

You need to stop using them in every single photograph, every Instagram, every header and footer on your blog.

You need to stop scattering the petals across your flat lays of spring-makeup picks, of seasonal summer cocktails, and blogger tips and tricks photographs.

You need to stop angling them in the background of every shot.

You need to stop buying out the entire amount in Waitrose, Marks and Spencers, Aldi and garden centres - other people might like a bunch too...


I love you guys and I love peonies just as much as you do (hell, I bought a plant for my garden last week) however I think this is a much needed public service announcement - hell, I need to follow some of these rules myself. Spare a thought for all those other flowers long forgotten by bloggers: tulips, roses, lilies, hydrangeas, freesias, daisies and gypsophila... 

Follow

why do bloggers love peonies

Also, because incase it is mentioned: I wrote this long before this post, but it is definitely in a similar vein! Please don't take this too seriously... I'm mocking myself, too. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2