Monday, June 22, 2015

Homeware: Christy Bedlinen

If there is one thing I take seriously - it's my bed. I do enjoy sleeping, above anything else in life, I think, and there is nothing greater than a lie-in. As I like to ensure that I have the exact right amount of cushion to Clare ratio, and I like to think I am a connoisseur of a good nights sleep, so when Christy offered to send me one of their bedding sets, I wasn't going to turn down this opportunity...

christy salome bedding
christy salome bedding
As all my soft furnishings are very neutral/earth-toned with splashes of green - I wanted to pick something that would go with this, and opted for the Salome bedding, although they have a range to suit most rooms, I would think! I had my concerns it would lean too pink, but it is a beautiful warm neutral shade, with a pearlescent sheen, that is described as 'oyster'. I love the light reflecting qualities that the lustre has, my room is north facing, so typically doesn't get a great deal of light - so it definitely brightens up my room.

christy salome bedding
christy salome bedding

It's always tough buying anything online, not knowing whether the colours are true to life, but they're represented very well in the images on the Christy website. They're also a brand that have been around for years (since 1850!) - and they're often the ones I would stroke longingly in department stores - so I think it helps to buy from a trusted name when purchasing something that is ultimate an investment purchase.

The fabric is beautiful, and heavy weight, with gorgeous stitching all over, and is even on the pillowcases. The white pillows have really lovely stitching along one edge, and I love that detail. I'm also quite maintenance, in that if my duvet is in the slightest bit itchy or rough, I cannot stand it, so I love the underside is 100% cotton with a 200 thread count, as I can sleep peacefully. Totally not a diva, I promise. Just particular!

Are you as picky about where you sleep as me? Please tell me I'm not alone! 
Have you tried Christy bedding before?

christy salome bedding

4 comments:

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2