Monday, April 27, 2015

new in: espresso cups and black coffee

This was sparked out of a conversation I had with the lovely Gemma recently on Twitter (whose blog, Hello Gemma, has had a rebrand, and looks amazing!) about coffee. She was talking of her fear of a milky coffee, whereas I have a fear of people drinking jet black, iced coffee. I don't know how you do it, it filled me with fear until about two months ago, when I suddenly decided that wow, hey, black coffee is actually quite nice?

espresso cups
espresso cups

I think it very much depends on the type of coffee you buy, also. I discovered this amazing coffee in Waitrose when I worked there, the Guatemala Antigua by the brand 360 / Three Sixty. It's an amazing, well balanced blend that tastes excellent when it's freshly brewed, hot and senza milk.  
I tried it once or twice, and decided it really wasn't that bad! And sometimes, you haven't got time to sit and mull over a frothy latte, sometimes you're in a rush in the morning, and you've just got to put your coffee on to brew whilst making your lunch for the day, and then knock it back before running out the door, haha.

This new revelation warranted a new purchase, obviously, so I picked up these adorable little cups in Sainsbury's back in February (I've seen them a lot on blogs and stuff, though, so they probably still do them). I think they're actually supposed to be like Chinese tea cups, because they seemed to be with a lot of stuff around Chinese New Year - however, they make the most perfect espresso cups, I'm obsessed with them. 

I've not disowned my one true love - a sweet, milky latte - though, don't you worry, but I've just realised there are other coffee options out there. It took me about ten years to realised that black coffee was pretty nice, and that I'm perfectly capable of drinking coffee with no sweetener. So it'll probably take me about another ten years to go off milk! haha.

espresso cups

6 comments:

  1. Ah coffee is just the best! Love these mugs. x

    poundingyounghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not yet progressed to drinking straight black coffee yet but I'm well on my way, already asking for double shots haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently have the status of avid tea-drinker discovering coffee. I think it will take forever for me to drink black coffee :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few months after I wrote this - I think I've finally found a kind of tea that I like..! I will keep everyone updated, I'm sure...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked for an espresso the other week...! I felt like a different person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally do not understand when people say they hate it..! But then again, I get some weird looks when I say that I dislike tea..! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2