Wednesday, February 04, 2015

the sun through the trees - part one

winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors, winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors,

I find winter a hard time - despite my adoration for the all the things I dream of in a winter, like crisp frosty mornings and brisk weekend walks in the sunshine, it always turns out differently. The crisp frosty mornings are less beautiful when walking to work in the dark at 8AM or scraping the ice from your car until your fingers are blue. The sunny Saturday strolls are few and far between in January and you spend a lot more time indoors, looking out at the rain falling, with the wind trying to get in through the cracks in the house than I do out walking in the sunshine. At times like these it's hard to push through without the lure of Christmas to cheer you on, your only hope is that the solstice has passed and that the days are getting longer again, the sun is lingering that little bit more and that soon it will be spring.

part two tomorrow...

winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors, winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors, winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors, winter, walks, days out, mental health, nature, countryside, outdoors,

6 comments:

  1. amazing photographs, the sun peeking through the trees looks beautiful and a little haunting! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! I definitely know what you mean, I'm always excited about winter up until about Christmas, now I am just ready for light and sunshine! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, these pictures are gorgeous! And I agree with Christina, the tress are a bit haunting and creepy but beautiful! I spent my whole life in a tropical land, so I never really understood about the "dark" side of Winter. Since all I know about it is all pretty stuff like they pictured in movies or TV. I guess, it's not always the case. Well, sending you some sunshine from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I'm a sucker for good photography. :)
    x
    Aria
    Girl in a Whimsical Land

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, thank-you - I was going for a contrast between the two posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really interesting, to me the year wouldn't feel complete without the dark winters, but they do really get me down, so it's definitely a strange relationship that I have with them! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2