Monday, November 10, 2014

a day at the sea - milford-on-sea + lymington (part one)


It was my mums birthday recently - I asked her what she would like to do, and she answered that she wanted to just go to the seaside for the day. A strange request perhaps, but my mum loves all things seasidey and beach related, so it wasn't really that much of a surprise. So we went down to Lymington, in the New Forest, where we perused the market and the little shops and the beautiful Georgian buildings on the high street (I felt like I was back at uni, in Farnham). Afterwards, we went for a walk down at Milford on Sea. The sky was really grey and dark at first, and it felt like such a perfect autumn day, all brisk and cool and windy.


Even though we went there for my mothers birthday, I have to say I was completely in my element, the light was coming through the clouds perfectly. Milford-on-sea is a weird place to go for a walk, the land goes up to a ridge where you can walk along a man-made pebble and rock peninsula to Hurst Castle, but before that you can walk alongside these tidal pools.


It's a really atmospheric place, too, with all the noise from the boat masts ringing, the wind in the grasses along by the water. I've take a load of photographs, it's the first time my new camera has had it's first proper outing, so forgive the mountain of photos! I took so many, in fact, that I'm going to separate them in to two posts, so keep your eye out for those.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's such a British thing to go for a walk at the water in the winter, it's really peaceful, generally, and I just enjoy the time I spent there, with family. 

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos! I love trips to the seaside and this place looks lovely.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank-you, it was a lovely time (: x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2