Thursday, September 11, 2014

what I ate thursday

breakfast:
blackberries
plums
nectarines
strawberries
(with a teeny bit of greek yoghurt)

mid-morning snack:
a giant jar of my homemade iced-coffee
(with some caramel syrup and semi-skimmed milk, this feels like a treat)

lunch:
an open tortilla with cucumber,
sweetcorn
tomato
red pepper
lettuce
some leftover barbecued chicken

dinner:
spiced sweet potato wedges
cajun-spiced grilled chicken
(served with un-pictured salad)

I feel like this is a bit of a cheated post, as it makes me look very healthy. I'm not, really, I probably felt all virtuous from eating pretty well all-day and stuffed down loads of ice-cream later in the evening.. However, I took these photos a little while ago and forgot where I'd put them and so now I don't really know what else I ate. That is what I get for naming all filenames things like blah1.jpg, I suppose. 

However, if it can give some of you ideas about healthy breakfasts, lunches or dinners, I'm glad I could help. I really love having tortillas piled with lots of salad, as it sort of feels like you're getting a wrap, but with more to it, you know? I also have a soft-spot for sweet-potato with anything, pretty much. I didn't peel all my wedges because I was feeling lazy, but that didn't go down too well with my family, so, maybe peel them if you don't want complaints. Or tell them to stuff it, and never make dinner for them again, as I did...

2 comments:

  1. These are beautifully colourful food photographs. I think that food photography should be all about colour and crunch, and these look lovely! And you're right, you do look very healthy, judging by these photos!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of doing a wrap! I've been trying to get my diet a bit more under control since I've also been eating too much ice cream (and bagels and pizza and a whole lot more). Lunch is really where I get stumped, since I work from an office and am not very diligent about bringing something with me.

    Cat
    http://oddlylovely.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2