Thursday, September 18, 2014

common people


The common near where I live feels so perfect at the moment - it's getting all crisp in the mornings and the evenings, but warms up quite a lot during the day. I've gone up a few times, coming back with either a selection of blackberries and other fruit, or some photos of the heather and hawthorn berries. 
Recently we discovered there are a pair of red kites that live near there, so I'm always distracted by them, they're one of my favourite birds of prey, and I'm hoping if I keep frequenting the common, I'll be able to get a photo of them.

Anyway, I took these photos the other week when I had just got my fancy new camera, and thought I'd go try out taking some photos. I've been using my little point-and-shoot for a while now, and it's lovely, but I used to have an DSLR and it recently broke. I looked into getting it fixed, but I found that it would be more expensive to fix than the camera is worth. I decided to get a new one, I invested in a Nikon D3200. I say invested, because whilst I'm currently only working part-time, I have a lot of savings and it felt like a good thing to spend my money on, particularly with an combined 5-year guarantee, it should last me for a good while! I'm loving the upgrade from my D50 and it takes such lovelyyy photos - I'm still working on it and messing about a bit with it, but hopefully you'll see a bit of an upgrade over the coming weeks! 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! That's awesome about the red kites, they are such beautiful birds! I used to see them quite often when I lived in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! I love going blackberry picking, there's something so traditional about picking them and taking them home to bake with! :)


    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely photos! those blackberries look delicious, your camera quality is amazing ooh
    Helena / helenaterry.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're lovely photos! I've never been blackberry picking. Starting to feel like I've missed out! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a d3100 and love it even though I still really don't know how to use it...oops. I guess I need to go out on a walk and practice photographing things. Your photos turned out beautiful!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photos are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good investment! those photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your photos - especially one and five! So pretty!


    ~ Mikéla Davelyn ~
    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you, I'm glad you enjoy them! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I'm hoping it will be, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get a bit better with learning all the manual settings, but I'm getting there, and I'm really enjoying playing around! I think personally I need to take a lot of crap photos until I learn how to take some good ones haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you definitely should! Depending on where you live, there are probably still some out there for you to get! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't there just? It's a process I really love, for some reason it makes me feel very traditional and connected to my mum and grandmother who both went through the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used a D50 for the longest time, they're pretty good solid cameras aren't they? Mine had taken a bit of a beating, so I feel all fancy now I've got a new one! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank-you! They're so amazing, I think because there were never any birds of prey around where I live when I was little, I'm so awestruck by them, they're so pretty and I love that they're breeding again!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2