Thursday, June 26, 2014

what i ate wednesday

breakfast:
greek yoghurt
orange blossom honey
tesco granola (in place of fresh berries)

lunch:
waitrose butterhead salad mix
pomme dei moro tomatoes
romano peppers
cucumber
grilled low-fat halloumi
with a chilli and soy sauce dressing

mid-afternoon snack:
cherries from the tree we planted in the garden last year

dinner:
chicken 
baby corn
red peppers
onion
sugar snap peas
stir-fried in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and honey
(with rice, duh)

after dinner snack:
mango
peach
strawberry
banana
blended with some greek yoghurt

After a weekend of eating a lot of junk food, a lot of cake, crisps, and drinking (for my dad's birthday, not just binging!) I thought I would try and be much healthier this week and last, so I thought I'd task myself to photograph what I ate, in the hopes it would force me to be a bit stricter with my eating. It really did - except for the only thing I didn't photograph: a giant 99 ice-cream I chased after the ice-cream van on my way to the allotment that evening.. I couldn't help myself, really. 
Just a note before I tell you a bit more about what I'm eating - I think you should generally consume more calories than I have today, but I am trying to lose weight, and I have also recently been diagnosed with some stomach problems, so am taking things easy.

For breakfast, I usually have a good amount of Greek yoghurt with about 15g of honey to take the edge of. Usually when I first wake up in the morning, I find the Greek kind to be a tiny bit sharp, so the honey helps. I also usually have it with some fresh berries or other fruit, but I hadn't been to the shops yet, so I found some dry granola to mix in. 
For my late lunch I made myself a really big, amazing salad. I don't know why it was so good, but it was really good. I don't know if it was because I treated myself to a slightly nicer bag of salad, peppers and tomatoes as opposed to the usual little gem, cherry tomatoes and bell peppers, but it was super refreshing and filling, too. 
I always get peckish in the afternoon so had some strawberries and and cherries from the plants in the garden. There were more that photographed, but I ate most of them before I remembered..
And for dinner me and my mum made her standard stir-fry, it's nothing special really, I've listed all the ingredients above but it really hits the spot when you're hungry.
After dinner (apart from the 99 I mentioned..) I made myself a smoothie, being careful to use some non-acidic fruits that wouldn't upset my stomach. It tasted really good, and didn't upset my stomach at all, so that is perfect in my book.

What healthy recipes do you recommend? I really loved doing this, I think it's a great exercise to think about what you're eating - particularly the snacks I always sneak between meals..

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2