Monday, June 02, 2014

week(day) wanderings #19

(photographs from http://theweaverhouse.blogspot.co.uk, cookieandkate.com and blissfulbblog.com)
  • I think it's the slow approach of the summer, and I know that brings with it blackberries, apples, pears and plums - but I am craving all sorts of jams. As if the internet knew this - I stumbled over this old post with beautiful photographs of rich, fruity blackberry jam this week, and got me craving it all over again.
  • Defining what your blog stands for is such an amazing tip and I found this article over on Nubby Twiglet very helpful - I've recently had such a love for blogging - other peoples, and my own, and think this is such a great tip, for bigger bloggers or those just starting out.
  • I was looking for something in my mum's sewing room this week, which is my little brothers old bedroom, and came across his amazing old Gameboy Colour. It reminded me of this article I found a while back, and hunted it down - such a cool thing to look at how they've evolved. I even played a bit of Pokemon Yellow, it was such a throwback, but so cool.
  • I spoke about my love of all things blended, blitzed, food processed in last weeks edition of this post, but this week I have been making hummus/houmous/humous, etc. My go-to recipe is an unmeasured healthier version: a can of Napolina chickpeas, a tablespoon of tahini, a few tablespoons of low-fat yoghurt, and salt, pepper, lemon/lime juice, cumin and coriander to taste. Basically I just throw it all in until it tastes good, and think that by adding more flavourings it makes tastier hummus that I eat less of, but that is for another post. My mum emailed me this recipe on Monday and I've been wanting to try it out ever since: a spicy sweet potato hummus is so up there on my list.
  • Also food related - this post by Terri Lowe made me realllly want to go out somewhere new for dinner. Since being all healthy this year, I've only eaten out maybe two or three times since January? It's my birthday in a week, and my dad's the day before, so I know I'm going to be eating out like four times, so I probably shouldn't be eating anything this week..
  • So I know that I'm not even in a relationship, yet these wedding photographs are so beautiful - they're everything I would want in a wedding. The flowers, the dress, the colour of the bridesmaids dresses, the fog and the location.. perfect.
  • Discovering the most perfect blue tiled bathroom last week, and realising that is my life goal to have that in my future. Couldn't you see it being the most tranquil place? Like a Roman bathhouse or something equally beautiful.

I'm sorry I'm a day late today with this, I had an early last night because I was unwell and forgot all about posting - bad blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2