Tuesday, June 17, 2014

of polar-bears and walruses: tring museum


I don't know why, or when it happened, but I apparently became obsessed with museums full of taxidermy, sometime recently. I think it started when I visited Florence, and found the most amazing museum full of stuffed animals, crystals, birds and wax mannequins - which I really must show you guys sometimes, I went during one of my blogging-breaks.
Anyway, the weekend before last I visited Tring museum - it is part of the Natural History Museum which means that entry is free (amazing) and it's filled with some great taxidermy, with a polar bear right as you walk in. 
It's not a huge museum, but it has got some cool things, like the walrus and lots of pet dogs, which is pretty weird. I don't think it is worth going all the way there for it - but it's a good place to visit if you're in the area.

(PS: Sorry I've been a bad blogger this week, I haven't been very well, and have been away for the weekend! Normal posts will resume this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2