Saturday, June 28, 2014

a love letter to cow parsley


In between being back at work this week, trying to find another job, several doctors appointments, gym sessions and sewing sessions and lunch with a friend.. I have been spending warm, lazy evenings down at the allotment. It usually involves me throwing myself down in the long grass under the steadily growing apple trees, with a handful of not-quite-ripe-enough raspberries, lazily watering my dad's potatoes whilst the sun goes down and trying not to scare away the deer and woodpeckers - it's sort of perfect. 
A few of the allotments have been abandoned over the year, and in their place all sorts of wild-flowers have grown. My favourite being the wild poppies and the cow parsley. I could probably write an essay about how much I love these little white flowers, but I'll save you from that. I'll just tell you how I used to collect them in big bunches every June, and still cannot refrain from snatches up bouquets of them even now. 
Oh, and I just had to share this song I found on Gillian's June playlist - I can see it being the soundtrack to my summer..

2 comments:

  1. I actually make fresh flower crowns using local wildflowers around my school's campus/my dorm room, for friends' costumes/special events/my own photography projects, and I love using cow parsley as a "base", since their stems are rather tough and knot well together. The white flowers become the foundations for layering, since white goes with pretty much any color scheme. Thank you for this ode, and the gorgeous pictures that accompanied it. Too few people stop to admire these wonders of nature! (: x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so beautiful? My dad calls them weeds, but I think they're so nice that I stuff them inside all my bouquets - I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I'm glad you appreciated this post! Thank-you for taking the time to read and leave a lovely comment. (: x

      Delete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2