Monday, May 12, 2014

lazy london


Whenever I go up to London, I always seem to be in a rush. I don't know why, but it just happens that way - I'm either rushing to get a train, for an appointment, to visit someone or something. It's rare that I have an easy day in the city, but last week it was exactly that. I woke up early enough to not have to rush to the station, got a train ahead of time, and wasn't late meeting Laura - all good things. I haven't seen her in several years, but she recently found out her visa was approved for Canada, and she will be emigrated in a month or so, so it was high time we caught up. We went to Loop in Islington, somewhere I've wanted to visit for a while, and had an amazing breakfast at The Breakfast Club, surrounded by awkward hipsters. We then had a little stroll along the south-bank, got some ice-lolly's and sat in the sunshine, which was really lovely. (I also got to browse the new Foyles in Waterloo station as I had to hang about there for my train, which was cool.) 
There really is something about London in the sunshine, it just makes me feel like summer is just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2