Friday, February 28, 2014

20 questions


I saw this tag of sorts over on the Short and Sweet of It and thought it was a nice idea, some things that I haven't seen around before, and for any new readers, it might be a nice thing to read.

1. What brings you the greatest joy? I think small things, like waking up in bed and the sun shining, or enjoying a quiet afternoon with my mum talking about knitting and books.
2. What are your vices? Chocolate raisins, red wine, expensive yarn.
3. What is on your nightstand? I don't exactly have one, but on the shelf above my bed I keep my glasses, Crabtree and Evelyn pomegrante body lotion, my current read (at the moment, the latest ASOIAF book), several empty glasses and coke-cans, and a plethora of bobby-pins and hair ties.
4. Do you have a secret talent? I can whistle pretty well but it's not that secretive, I whistle a lot. Secret from the internet, I suppose.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Lie-ins. I enjoy sleeping in far too much.

6. What should every woman try at least once in her life? Standing up for other women - more than once - which doesn't seem to happen as much as I would hope.
7. What makes you laugh? Bad puns, my mum, friends at work. 
8. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I care a lot about what people think about me, unfortunately. 
9. What is on your bucket list? Visiting Iceland, amongst things.
10. What is on your feet right now? Some green felted slippers.

11. How did you make your first dollar pound? My first job was the one I currently have - I work in a supermarket although I did a different position. I remember absolutely loving getting my first pay-cheque! Other than that, probably doing work for my parents in exchange for pocket money..
12. What superstition do you believe in? I always seem to say 'touch wood' when I think about bad things, and then have to do it. I don't really believe it, per se, but I always seem to do it. 
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? Comfy jumpers. I have about ten 'favourite jumpers'. 
14. What is the best gift you've ever received? I had to have a good think about that, but probably all the knowledge my mum has given me over the years. Without her I would probably be a lot stupider, a lot less talented, a lot less well-read, a lot more bored, a lot more boring
15. What is on your liquor shelf? I don't have a shelf, but downstairs I have some wine left over from Christmas, a bottle of homemade sloe-gin, a bottle of homemade raspberry vodka, and a bottle of homemade clementine orange. Also I think some rum and some Bombay Sapphire gin.

16. What is on your kitchen counter? At the moment a lot of mess from making dinner with my mum.
17. What would you never leave home without? My phone, probably. How predictable. Also at the moment I always seem to have mints and bobby-pins on me (my fringe is growing out!).
18. What movie has the greatest ending? I remember the first time I watched The Usual Suspects I aboslutely loved the ending. Also I think The Royal Tenenbaums has the most bittersweet ending o f all films. 
19. Who is on your guest list for your ideal dinner party? George R.R. Martin, Vija Celmins, David Attenborough, Tina Fey, Wes Anderson, and lots of dead people that would include; Agnes Martin, Mark Rothko, and Ed Ruscha, JG Ballard, Sylvia Plath. And probably Ryan Gosling.
20. What is the one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? How to like myself, which is something I am still learning.

I want everyone that follows me to do this and send me a link - I would like to get to know you all a bit better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2