Sunday, January 05, 2014

fresh starts


I spent my New Year on the toilet. Genuinely, I went for a pee not knowing the time and then heard all the fireworks whilst I was there. I think that perfectly sums up how I feel about 'New Year's Eve' in general, a pile of piss. I just don't care about it anymore, and my grand-old-age of 23, and have resolved to never do anything special because it is simply another year, and another night and do nothing special. However, I want to use the opportunity of a new year to try and make some changes in my life - I know I am a few days late, but I thought I would update you all on my 'resolutions'. 

I wrote this big long post about how I want to change all these things about me, but I know that realistically they won't happen. Basically, I want to work on myself, essentially, however cheesy that sounds. Hoping that if I sort out these aspects of my life, I will lead to a happier, healthier person.

Essentially, I want to swear less, read more, think nicer things, be more generous, buy less stuff, own less stuff. be better to the environment, be healthier, shop more ethically, knit more, be happier. I want to work on being more well-rounded, but we shall see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2