Friday, July 13, 2012

night driving


I recently came across this article, Cruise Control, on Rookie Mag (one of my favourite online magazines) and it really struck a chord with me. I love Rookie because it's a great mixture for an online magazine, and because it's run by Tavi Gevinson I feel like it's more suited to younger girls. 
The article is about how good it feels to just get in your car and go driving. I feel like everyone I know went through this stage, when you turn about eighteen and you have recently passed your test, all you want to do is just turn up your music, open the windows, get lost, get cold and forget everything exists. I just thought it was a really nicely written article and made me feel almost nostalgic for those days. These days, petrol is too expensive for me to blow it on random drives around town, eating ice-cream in the car and listening to sad songs! One of these days, I might just do it though, because I miss it.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! I love just driving places, I'll have a look at the article!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2