Sunday, June 10, 2012

birthday stories

Birthday cake!
Dress from Billie & Blossom at Dorothy Perkins
Massive cocktails and geeky presents!

It was my birthday on Thursday, and whilst it didn't get off to the best start (I woke up feeling really sick and quite depressed because of a few things) so my housemate Alex and I drove through the pouring rain (which wasn't helping my depression!) to Winchester, and I actually ended up having a really lovely day, mostly thanks to Alex! We found a really cute little coffee shop with amazinggg coffee, found a great vintage clothing store, and an amazing Oxfam bookshop with an extensive collection of 60's penguin books and short stories, vintage sci-fi novels and old postcards.. It was so good!
In the evening I went for amazing mexican food with my two good friends from uni, and then went to my universities degree show. Afterwards we had lots of cheap cocktails and came home to eat cake! 
I came home on Friday and saw a couple of other friends from home and went to the pub and had cake at home.. so I was really lucky to have lovely friends to keep my mood up. 

On a side note - isn't my cake amazing? My mum always comes up with amazing cakes for my birthday - see tiger cake and rainbow cake - and I didn't know how she would come up with cakes better than those.. but she did. This was a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing and chocolate dipped strawberries on top! There is this running joke in my family that when I was little and wouldn't go to bed, I asked for chocolate and strawberries together and I would do as I was told.. so this combines my two favourite things!

11 comments:

  1. Red Velvet Cake is my absolute favourite, and this one looks especially good!

    Happy Birthday for Thursday :)


    www.couturenoir.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had it before - I think it's a more American thing but I'm definitely going to try making it myself in the future! And aww, thank you! x

      Delete
  2. How good does that cake look?! Yum!
    Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had a lovely day. Giant cocktails and Mexican food are definitely the best ways to celebrate!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thankyou! They definitely were a very good end to the day! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. it was so good! very filling though haha x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Clare! That cake looks so yummy xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh the red velvet cake looks so yummy!
    and im glad you ended up having a good birthday, sounds like you had a really lovely birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy belated birthday! any day involving red velvet cake (which looks divine btw!) & game of thrones must be a good one ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for the comments, I really appreciate them all, sorry for getting back to you so late! x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2