Friday, January 06, 2012

back with a vengence - chanel vendetta review

For Christmas, I got what every girl wants - Chanel. When I'm rich, I want to buy exclusively Chanel beauty products.. this is another story, I am here with some swatches for you!
I tried my best to get good photos of you - but this is one of those beautiful elusive nail-polishes.


On Christmas day, I whacked it on straight away - so excuse the shoddy job. Unless there is super bright sunlight or a bright, direct light, this is what it generally looks like - only nicer. It's kind of like an almost-black in every day light. It's in bright light, it really shines.. I took this under the spotlights in my bathroom, it's been so dark here recently, I can't show you in sunshine!


It's in the same vein as Chanel's Blue Satin, that almost black, but not quite. They're truly beautiful, spectacularly subtle.
I tried to take a picture to show the shimmer you'll get in bright lights (Blue Satin is in the background, you can sort of see the similar shimmer there!);


However, I wore this without a topcoat last night, and it chips something awful.

Price: I can't really comment on this, it was gift, but Chanel polishes are pretty pricey.
Packaging: 5/5
Colour: 5/5
Formula: 3/5
Overall: 4/5
Would I buy this product again?: Yes, yes, yes. Even if with the chipping problems, it's a beautiful colour, and I always wear topcoats.

2 comments:

  1. It is super subtle, you're so right! It's stunning. Such a pretty colour, I imagine it'd be so lovely on a night out.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful nail polish colour i have ever seen!

    Great post sweetie =]

    My Fashion/beauty blog.
    http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2