Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mouldy Black Cherries: MAC Venomous Villains, Formidable Nail Polish Review

About the title.. well you'll see.
I was wondering whether to lump all these swatches together, but I wanted to do a full manicure of all of them, and after putting Formidable onto one nail, I really didn't want to take it off and put on another.. so I'm going to spread them out. Thought I'd leave a little cooling off period between



I was trying to think of a way to describe this colour, and the first thing I thought of was black cherries. It has a kind of purple-black base. The first coat, you really see this, as it's thin. It's like a deep-purple base with greeny-blue shimmer. Then you put another layer, and it gets darker and deeper, and so on. When it's on, it looks almost black in dull light, with some blue-ish glitter. It's pretty, but glitter polishes do best in sunlight. Direct light is Formidable's BFF.


This was the best I could do. They are PACKED with glitter. Lots of different colour of glitter. In some lights, this looks blue-brown. Others greeny-purple. It's hard to pinpoint one colour. MAC describes it as a "Teal green with pink multi-changing pearl". I don't know about you, but mine has no pink in?

L-R: Natural light, with flash.
I guess theres some pinkish hints in there? I think it's more purple, in any case.
As always, I adore MAC's formula. It goes on thin, you do need a few layers, but I like that aspect, because it means I can use them for layering, as whatever colour you put it over, it brings out that colour in Formidable. Ie, a purple beneath makes it more purple, a blue more blue, etc. I love that, it makes them very versatile. Some people don't like MAC polishes, I have no problem with them. They dry super quick, they last well.. I genuinely don't know why there is such hatred?
These retail for £8, which I think is completely reasonable, really. Sadly, they're sold out right now
but I bought an extra Bad Fairy for someone that never got back to me about it.. so I might do a little giveaway.. keep tuned!

Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Colour: 4/5
Formula: 5/5
Overall: 5/5
Would I buy this product again?: Uhm, probably. It's not really a polish I ever see myself finishing off completely, but if I ever did, I would probably want another bottle!

Hope this was enjoyable! Did you guys pick up anything from Venomous Villains?

6 comments:

  1. I picked up a Cruella lip gloss from the Venomous Villains:) I love the nail varnish colours. I love MAC in general. Take a look at my nail varnish collection:)
    Freya xxxo
    http://sayyourrightwords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like MAC polishes so much, but I do adore the way this one looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black one :)

    www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it genuinely is such a lovelyyyy colour! i do wish some of them weren't LE, because most of the permanent polishes are awfull from MAC, haha.
    thankyou for your lovely comments!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and receiving them, and I will always reply to them, even if it takes me a little while, please be patient!

UA-21892945-2